For the Sound on your Windows 10 to work, suitable audio drivers and properly connected audio devices are the two basic yet essential things. Some of the Windows 10 Operating System users experience the error called No Audio Output Device is Installed, which may be caused by one or multiple reasons which are explained in this article.
What does the error called no audio output device is installed mean?
The error stated as No audio output device is installed a common error faced by many windows users. This sound error typically means your audio output system is not working due to some reason.
Reasons for no audio output device is installed error
This audio device error generally comes after updating the Windows OS or changing the sound output device. Sometimes faculty sound output devices also cause this error to pop up in the windows system. Outdated audio drivers also could be one of the reasons for no audio output device is installed windows 10 error. If you want to check more solutions then check this website.
Fix no audio output device installed in Windows 10
To solve this audio output device error, opt for one or more methods from the following solutions.
1) Add the audio device to the Hardware list manually
To fix this error by utilizing the Device Manager which comes inbuilt in the windows OS, follow on.
1. Open the Run dialogue box by either typing Windows + R keys or by searching it through the Start menu.
2. Type in the keywords called devmgmt.msc in the run dialogue box and press the enter key.
Note: Alternatively, you can also open the device manager via the control panel.
3. Select the option called Sound, video, and game controllers from the device manager window.
4. From the top-left section of the window, click on the Action tab and then select Add legacy hardware option.
5. From the popped up window, click the Next button.
6. Now choose the option called Search for and install hardware automatically and click on the Next option.
7. Search for the tab called Sound, video and game controllers and click the Next.
8. Select the correct sound card by identifying your sound device’s manufacture brand and model. Install the latest compatible audio driver and click on the Finish button.
9. Now from the device manager, enable your audio device by right-clicking on the audio device and clicking on the Enable option.
Now you can verify if your audio error is resolved. If for some reason, your audio device’s drivers are still not loaded, you can reboot your pc. After the restart, you can observe that the audio driver for your device is automatically loaded by the Windows OS.
If you are wondering how do i fix no audio device installed error then this method may be a final solution for you. But if you still got the sound error, feel free to follow any of the mentioned methods.
2) Update Sound/Audio Drivers:
Outdated, incompatible or corrupted audio drivers are some of the main reasons for the no audio output device is installed windows 10 error. Updating your system’s sound or audio drivers can be the best fix for solving this error. To update your audio or sound drivers to the latest compatible version, you can either do it manually or by using some third-party driver updating utility tools available online.
Updating Audio/Sound drivers manually:
To manually update your audio/sound drivers follow on.
1. Open the Device Manager by following the steps discussed in Method-1.
2. Select your sound device from the list of attached devices and right-click on it.
3. Select the Update Drivers option and wait for the system to download the latest compatible audio drivers for your audio device.
4. After the latest Audio/Sound drivers are installed click on the Finish button and reboot your PC.
Updating Audio/Sound drivers using third-party tools:
There are various third-party driver updating utility tools available over the internet which you can download and install on your windows machine. These utility tools simply scan your system for any missing or outdated drivers and help to download and install the latest drivers with not many efforts. You can choose any of the premium or free to use driver updating utility tools as per your preference.
Before updating the sound drivers, you can also try uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling them again. But this is a cumbersome and not so fruitful method.
3) Reboot the system after any hardware related changes:
Sometimes, modifications in the hardware settings and configuration can cause audio-device related errors. You should make sure not to plug in or out any audio device while loading windows or updating the system. After the windows OS is fully loaded, you can feel free to attach any audio or sound peripheral to avoid any glitches and errors. Reboot your windows after any new hardware related changes like updating the drivers, installing a new audio device, etc.
4) Consider installing a new Sound Card:
Faulty or incompatible Sound Card can cause this audio device errors. There may be some defects in your Sound Card which halts the audio system on your windows system. In this scenario, you may have to replace your current sound card with a compatible new sound card.
Note: The above methods for solving audio devices regarding issues are mostly generic. So if your device model is slightly different than you should follow some steps intuitively concerning your device and system. For example, if you are wondering about hp envy 23 no audio output device installed error, Some of the steps may differ, but you can easily solve the error by following the above methods.